TheRoyalCoupon.Com is still under construction. Please be patient while I fill this site with the most exciting information about coupons!

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Coupon Resources: Newspapers

Coupon Resources: Newspapers

There are many ways to find and acquire a great coupon stash. Many of you who are just starting out may be relying on your local newspaper for your coupon resources. I started out my couponing adventures relying just on my local paper but soon realized that they were available everywhere I turned.

In this article I will describe each place that I look for coupons in hopes that you too can find them there too!

Newspapers:
Most cities have one major newspaper and some have additional smaller papers that carry inserts in them. In my town we have a major paper and two local papers that both carry the weekly coupon inserts. One of my local papers is free and an endless supply of coupons. Newspapers usually cost between $.50 and $2 each. Some cities even have freebie papers!
Tip: If you don't actually read the paper be sure that you skim each page to make sure that you are not missing any coupons that may be printed in the paper. Be sure to check your Parade Magazine insert each weekend also! Many times they place coupons there as well!


The coupon inserts that are carried in most newspapers are...
  • SmartSource
  • Redplum/Vlassis
  • Proctor & Gamble
  • Unilever (occasionally)
  • General Mills (occasionally)

2009 Coupon Inserts Schedule:

You can go here to view the 2009 Coupon Schedule.

Coupon Previews: TaylorTownPreview

TaylorTownPreview is a wonderful resource for viewing upcoming coupon inserts. This allows you to see what's in store and decide in advance on whether or not you would like to buy extra papers one weekend to stock up on your favorite product! You can go here for the preview!

Interesting Fact: Did you know that newspapers get paid when you redeem a coupon out of their paper? Each coupon has a unique bar code linked back to the newspaper. Once the coupon has been verified the newspapers get a check! ( I can't speak on behalf of all newspaper companies but I have verified this information with my local papers!)

For a list of newspapers in your area you can go to OnlineNewspapers.Com to do a local search.
The No. 1 Newspaper Directory

Not all papers are listed on any one particular site. The best advice I can give is for you to call your local paper to find out if there are other papers available in your area.



No comments: